Ecwid – Start selling online for free!
Ecwid is an e-commerce platform that helps to easily create a bold, easy to use online store and start selling anywhere online or in-person. Ideal for small and medium sized businesses. Free plan forever. No setup charges and no transaction fees. Used by hundreds of thousands merchants in 175 countries.
The Venture plan is great for stores with up to 100 products in their catalog. The Venture plan, and all our higher plans, also allow you to sell digital products: e-books, audio, video master-classes, etc.
Here are more features available to you on the Venture plan:
- Sell on Facebook and Instagram – Showcase your products to millions of potential customers and increase your sales.
- Manage your store on the go with the Ecwid mobile app for iOS and Android – Add products, configure your store settings, and register sales at offline events (fairs, exhibitions, etc.) all from your phone or tablet.
- Use advanced SEO tools – Submit a sitemap to Google and specify a meta name and description for each product in your catalog to get your store better ranked in search results.
- Set up discounts – Attract customers by offering various types of discounts: discount coupons, sales, or bulk discount pricing.
- Enhance your store’s functionality with the App Market – Find dozens of apps in the Ecwid App Market that can add new functions to your store for marketing, accounting, analytics, etc.
The Business plan is for stores with up to 2500 products in their catalog. It contains all the features of the Venture plan plus gives you more tools to showcase your products:
- Product filters – These display in the storefront to help customers easily view all the products in your store that match their search criteria: color, size, etc.
- Product variations – Selling products in different sizes, colors, or other options? Show what a product looks like with these different options and set the stock limit for each item with the help of product variations.
- Multilingual catalog – Let customers shop your store in their own language.
Extra Business Plan tools for managing your store:
- Edit orders – Edit order details if a customer made a mistake when placing an order.
- Track abandoned carts – Customers often view products and add them to their cart, but don’t complete a purchase. An automatic recovery email will remind the shopper about their unfinished order.
- 2 staff accounts – You can invite two employees or partners to manage the store with you: they will be able to view and edit your Ecwid admin settings (except for the billing page).
The history of Ecwid
Ecwid was founded in 2009 to enable small businesses to easily add online stores to their existing sites.
The CEO, Ruslan Fazlyev, co-founded X-Cart, the world’s first PHP e-commerce platform in 2000. While X-Cart was very successful, it didn’t take him long to realize that lots of small business owners around the world already had websites, and simply wanted to be able to sell online. Ruslan decided to satisfy this need for small businesses and Ecwid was born in 2009. Located in San Diego, California and Ulyanovsk, Russia, Ecwid is the world’s most popular “add-on store builder” for SMBs. And with millions of new websites being built every year, they are prepared to help a new wave of small businesses bring stores online around the world.
Benefits of using an integrated eCommerce solution:
Reduced abandoned carts
– Abandoned carts are a major concern for any eCommerce store and are largely due to customers feeling lost or unsafe. Our gateway is easy to use and completely secure, giving clients comfort when making payment.
Selling online is made simple because your Netcash account is already integrated into a number of free shopping cart plugins that can be downloaded from our website. We also support customised integration.
Get unsurpassed after-sale support
You will have a dedicated Payments Advisor for all your support needs. Should you require assistance, you always speak to the same person.